Collecting personal information
We may collect, store and use the following kinds of personal information:
- Information that you provide to us when you contact us online, including your name, telephone number, email address, vehicle information (registration number) and employment details;
- Information that you provide to us when driving our vehicles, including your driving license (name and address), telephone number and email address;
- Information relating to any purchases you make of our goods or services.
Using personal information
Personal data we receive will be used for the purposes it was provided, including:
- Meet the terms of your order;
- Enable your use of the services available on our website;
- Send statements, invoices and payment reminders to you, and collect payments from you;
- Send you vehicle maintenance reminders, product information updates, marketing and for sales tracking purposes;
- Contact you to measure and improve our service levels;
- Provide third parties with statistical information about our users (but those third parties will not be able to identify any individual user from that information).
Disclosing personal information
- We may disclose your personal information to any of our staff, agents, suppliers or subcontractors where it would be reasonable to do so, including the Driver and Vehicle Licensing Agency, Pinewood Technologies Ltd, ITC Compliance Ltd, Experian PLC, Suzuki GB PLC, Alchemy Systems Ltd. (If consent is necessary to facilitate this sharing we will ensure it is obtained prior to processing)
- We may disclose your personal information to any member of our group of companies where it would be reasonable to do so, including The AA, Suzuki Financial Services Ltd, Lex Autolease Ltd, MotoNovo Finance, Suzuki Insurance, Car Care Plan, Paintseal Europe Ltd, Motability, the Department of Working Pensions. (If consent is necessary to facilitate this sharing we will ensure it is obtained prior to processing)
- We may be legally obliged to disclose your personal information:
- to the extent that we are required to do so by law;
- in connection with any ongoing or prospective legal proceedings;
- in order to establish, exercise or defend our legal rights, including providing information to others for the purposes of fraud prevention and reducing credit risk;
- to any person who we reasonably believe may apply to a court or other competent authority for disclosure of that personal information where, in our reasonable opinion, such court or authority would be reasonably likely to order disclosure of that personal information.
- Except as provided in this policy, we will not provide your personal information to third parties.
Security of personal information
- We will take all reasonable technical and organisational precautions to prevent the loss, misuse or alteration of your personal information.
- We will store all the personal data you provide on our secure password- and firewall-protected servers and in an enclosed locked facility.
- You may instruct us to provide you with any personal information we hold about you, via a Subject Access Request.
- Upon receipt of such a request we will, after confirming identity, provide all relevant data we may hold to you in the most practical format unless otherwise stipulated and reasonably possible.
- We may withhold personal information that you request to the extent permitted by law.
- If you instruct us to no longer process your personal data we will do so as quickly as possible.
- If you instruct us to destroy any/all of your personal data we may hold we will do so as quickly as possible.
- If you instruct us to cease all processing for marketing purposes we will do so as quickly as possible.
- As is true of most internet services, we gather some information automatically and store it in log files. This information includes Internet Protocol (IP) addresses, browser type and language, Internet service provider (ISP), referring and exit websites and applications, operating system, date/time stamp, and clickstream data. We use this information to understand and analyse trends, to administer the site, to learn about user behaviour on the site, to improve our product and services, and to gather demographic information about our user base as a whole. We may use this information in our marketing and advertising services.
- In some of our email messages, we use a “click-through URL” linked to content on the Tracks website. When customers click one of these URLs, they pass through a separate web server before arriving at the destination page on our website. We track this click-through data to help us determine interest in particular topics and measure the effectiveness of our customer communications. If you prefer not to be tracked in this way, you should not click text or graphic links in the email messages.
- Pixel tags enable us to send email messages in a format customers can read, and they tell us whether mail has been opened. We may use this information to reduce or eliminate messages sent to customers.
- We are registered as a data controller with the Information Commissioner’s Office and our registration number is: 24790825
Data Protection Officer
- Any Data Protection issues can be directed to firstname.lastname@example.org or Tracks of Exeter Ltd, Alphinbrook Road, Marsh Barton, Exeter, Devon, EX2 8QF.